An email was sent out this week from The Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District about the yard trimmings drop off sites opening with Saturday and Sunday hours of 11:30 am to 5 pm on March 25th. The drop off is open through November 19th this year.
The closest drop off site to Turpin Hills is Bzak Landscaping, which is also open during the week 7:30 am to 5 pm in addition to the weekend hours.
NOTE: This location is closed April 16th (Easter), May 29th (Memorial Day), July 4th (Independence Day), and September 4th (Labor Day)
Guidelines from The District for Drop-Off Yard Waste
- Brush and tree branches must be cut into lengths of 4 feet or less and must be no larger than 12 inches in diameter.
- Brush and tree branches must be bundled. Bundles must not be heavier than 50 pounds.
- Yard trimmings must be brought to locations in containers or bags – brown paper bags preferred.
- Containers and plastic bags will be returned.
Yard trimmings in commercial vehicles or from commercial establishments cannot be accepted.
- No large trailers or trucks larger than pickups.
- No pallets, boards, nails, fence, or wire accepted.
- No bricks, stones, or soil accepted.
- Illegal dumping prohibited.
- All children must stay inside vehicles.
- Hamilton County residents only.(Please bring proof of residency, such as a driver’s license or utility bill.
Stay up to date by joining the Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District mailing list. If you prefer to take care of your own composting in your yard, the district offers a great wealth of information here.