If you are wondering what it takes to be a Neighborhood Trustee, its quite a rewarding opportunity to help keep Turpin Hills the best neighborhood it can be. Please let us know if you would be interested in representing your street by emailing us at email@example.com or completing the Contact Form.
- Attend 4 monthly meetings per year (Feb., May, Sept., Oct.)
- Sign up to host a meeting in your home periodically, if possible.
- If you are unable to attend a meeting, please let the host or president know.
- If you miss a meeting, make it your business to find out what happened in your absense, in case any action plan was laid out.
- Read the meeting minutes to stay updated.
- Be an advocate/cheerleader for Turpin Hills, promote civic pride and for the civic association.
- Be a neighborhood representative voice for 20-30 households (usually on your street).
- Get to know the people you represent – introduce yourself, make yourself known, get to know the issues they care about most.
- Serve as a liaison between residents and the THCA board to communicate their comments, concerns, and complaints.
- Distribute the Turpin Hills flyers or printed directories once per year. (remember mailboxes are for mail, not hand-delivered items. The postman can confiscate violating items!)
- Participate as an officer and/or on committees including: landscaping, security, special events, or the web site.